With so many decisions to be made, it’s not doubt that choosing a suitable color for your event can feel overwhelming.
- Colors look differently depending on the environment in which they are seen or depending on the combination with other colors. That is why it is definitely a good idea to go look at the venue beforehand. Your venue plays a huge role in helping you select colors. The venue set the tone and overall aesthetics. The colors of the walls, drapes, carpet, floor tiles, furniture, etc. affect the color palette which you’ll choose for your event. If your venue indoor is painted in dull, dark colors, it is advisable to go bright and bold and vice-versa. However, choosing a color for a garden event can be tricky. Be careful not to choose a color that is already dominant in the garden floral.
- In order to gain a better understanding of colors, you have to start off with the basic principles. Aside from the primary, secondary and tertiary colors, there are also shades of these colors. These are lighter or darker versions of a color. Make sure you understand the basic theories of color.
- In the world of event, where eliciting the guests’ emotions is key, choosing the perfect color is very important. Studies have shown that colors have an influence on people’s emotions and responses. Different colors create different emotions and mood. It is good to keep that in mind when choosing a color palette for your event. Children respond positively to combination of multiple bright colors. Be aware of the different emotions colors can evoke and also think well
- Your event should be totally about you or your brand. Your event should not only reflect your personality and also brand’s tone, but also make you feel comfortable and relaxed. If you are a cool, calm person, you should go for soft, soothing colors. On the other hand, if you are an eclectic or boisterous person, you should go all out for the loud colors. But the colors have to be mixed tastefully so as not to end up with a garish clash of colors.
- What attributes of your brand do you want to highlight? If your event is based around your brand, you’ll want to make sure the colors you choose compliments it. Although one color may seem like the best choice, it is important to really look at it from all angles. For example, a food fair promoting a new all-natural food brand should consider a green or white color, rather than its blue brand color. This is because blue is the least appetizing color, as not many foods naturally appear in that color. More so, keeping your event colors new and trendy ends up making you or your brand look trendy as well.
- Different temperatures determine different colors.
Have any question for us? Ask us on any of our social channels. At NOVEL Nigeria, we proffer event solutions that meet our customers’ needs. Check out our service here